I am a big fan of fresh starts. Maybe it’s my Catholic upbringing, but I love the idea of wiping the slate clean, starting over fresh and new. Birthdays, starts of the months, new years–all represent new opportunities for growth and bettering myself.
This week is no exception.
I know my post yesterday was a bit of a Debbie Downer, and for that, I do apologize, but the issue isn’t exactly resolved. I know that nothing will change until I make it happen and my husband has told me repeatedly in the past to just “tell me what you need,” so I am *considering* actually doing just that–as in literally writing down the things I think would help me, i.e. asking for an hour to write in the evening before dinner or something along those lines. I’m still mulling it over, and frankly, a bit annoyed that I have to ask for time. Eventually though, I will come to my senses and realize that if I want it, that’s what needs to be done, so I’ll suck it up and put my big girl pants on.
Other things I’m looking forward to this week:
- Organizing my work to-do list. Since I have to work in small snippets of time here and there from home, I want to put together a detailed to-do list, so I can easily glance over and pick something to do, based on how much time I have. Whether it’s researching or editing an article or starting a query, I hope to maximize my time this way.
- Becoming an aunt! As I type this, my sister-in-law is sitting comfortably at 9 cm dilated, so I will surely be meeting my niece or nephew later today! I am ridiculously excited about becoming an aunt, it’s something I’ve always dreamed of! It just seems like so much fun. Although, I need some suggestions for a cool aunt name–Aunt Chaunie doesn’t really cut it, you know?
- No preschool pick-ups! This week, my mom will be picking Ada up after school and Ben will handle the other day, so that makes my day a whole lot easier–packing up kids after naptime = no fun. Plus, that will give me like an extra half hour to work (hopefully).
- Fall! Seriously, I am in love with fall and this cooler weather. Let’s all celebrate with a delicious pumpkin spice latte, shall we?
- My book contract coming! It was finalized and mailed out on Wednesday of last week, so I’m hoping to see it in my mailbox any day now! Can.not.wait!
- Staying on track with my budgeting and meal planning. I shopped for the week yesterday, including toiletries and diapers and spent $110. I’m also taking advantage of my daughter’s school SCRIP program, which is super exciting and easy. I just buy a gift card from the school for $100 to Meijer (where I grocery shop) and they automatically take money off her tuition. It keeps me on track with my budget and saves money. Love! It’s seriously a cool program.
Meal plan for the week is:
Monday: Hubs is out late, so I’m keeping it easy with nachos or tacos tonight.
Tuesday: Burgers and sweet potato fries.
Wednesday: Crockpot bean burritos. I’m aiming for one veggie meal a week. My husband is a huge meat-n-potatoes guy, so this is a challenge.
Thursday: Blackened chicken and lime quiona salada with avocado cream sauce.
Friday: Bacon and avocado bow-tie pasta.
Saturday: Our famous homemade pizza
I’m also going to repurpose some of the extra avocado I bought into lunches with egg salad avocado wraps. Looks delicious!
It always helps to remember the things to be thankful for, don’t you think? What are you looking forward to this week?