I’m sitting here, being fat and lazy and pregnant on my couch while the kids are (finally) napping. And I’m feeling pretty regretful for a small instance of losing my temper at Ada right before said naptime.
So, what’s a fat, pregnant, resentful momma to do?
Look up cookie recipes, of course.
And I give you, my absolute favorite cookie of all time: the Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bar. I have never actually made this cookie, but can assure you, I will be making it this Christmas.
Seven Layer Christmas Cookie Bars
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed Milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch-flavored chips
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for glass baking pan). In small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; mix well. Press crumb mixture firmly on bottom of 13×9-inch baking pan.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with remaining ingredients; press down firmly with fork.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Chill if desired. Cut into bars or diamonds. Store covered at room temperature.