I’m so fried I can’t even think of a name for this post. So here it goes.
1. Last night I found an ant in my lasagna. Seriously. He was just making his way calmly through the mountains of lettuce and ooey, cheesy lasagnay goodness like he owned the place. Of all the things that have gone wrong this week, this one made me want to cry the most. I am protective when it comes to my pasta.
2. 3 AM = Bad Stuff. On Wednesday night, at precisely 3 AM, I woke up shivering cold with unbelievable pain in my left milk maker. On Thursday night, at precisely 3 AM, all three children were awake and screaming with stomach bugs and Jake with crankiness from my antibiotics (poor lil’ guy). Last night, both girls awakened at 3:23, Ada having to poop and Mya, conveniently already having pooped. After settling them down, then of course, I had to use the facilities. And then, precisely the second my head hit the pillow, Jacob woke up, all smiles and ready to party (I am not exaggerating on this, although I should have seen it coming, surely). And here I am now. It is now my theory that all bad things happen at 3:00 in the morning. Hungry babies, sick kids, and patients going down the toilet–they all happen at that horrible time between night and day.
3. I went for a walk yesterday. By myself. After 5 straight days of being cooped in the house, 2 days of my own sickness and 3 days of kids being sick, I felt a little bit like I was suffocating. After Ben came home and mowed the lawn, I popped lasagna in the oven and set out the door for my first burst of fresh air. Ahhhhh….
4. I spent $62 on diapers and wipes this week. That’s all I have to say about that one.
5. Do you know what the scariest words in the world are? I’ll tell you. They sound a little something like this. “Mama…my tummy hurts…” Please see #4. And also, this imagery, courtesy of Holly’s House.
6. I got an email this week that threw me in a funk. I am the worst when someone is upset with me. Even if I don’t know the person or it’s really not that serious of an issue, I get totally wrapped up by it and obsses over it. I hate the thought of someone misunderstanding me or thinking badly of me or whathaveyou. I wish I didn’t let things–especially things that really don’t matter–get to me, but they do. I am continually working on how to not things like that ruin my day.
7. I’m in the process of picking out a professional designer for my blog. I’m going to use some of my book advance to pay a professional to redo the ol’ blog. I’m excited but also supremely overwhelmed by the prospect, because I have no idea what I want it to look like.
8. I am hoping that all this mastitis-induced puking and this awful stomach bug have helped me lose at least one pound. However, it’s unlikely. Because that’s how I roll.
9. Yesterday, Ben and I realized we were watching Disney Junior….without the kids.
1o. Just when I thought we were winning the bedtime wars. This sickness happened. And you can’t really deny a sick child your bed, especially at 3:00 in the morning. My daughters have now taken over my bed and I’m pretty sure they have no intentions of giving it back.
11. One more thing to wonder about. How does the empty ketchup bottle always find its way back to the fridge?
I blame the ants.